Seven Remedies for Bladder Infections
Bladder infections are known as cystitis or inflammation of the bladder. They are common in women but very rare in men and more than half of all women will get at least one bladder infection at some point in their lives. However, a man’s chance of getting cystitis increases as he ages, due an increase in the prostate’s size. Bladder infections are not serious if treated right away, but they tend to come back. Rarely, this can lead to kidney infections, which are more serious and may result in permanent kidney damage. So it’s very important to treat the underlying causes of a bladder infection and to take preventive steps to keep them from returning.
Following are the seven remedies that can go a long way in not only treating a bladder infection, but preventing it as well.
- Drink a lot of water. Water is the best and the safest method to get rid of the infection. It dilutes the urine and empties out the bladder. There are two kinds of urine, one is dark, concentrated and painful to pass while the other one is lighter, easy to pass and does not burn. One should avoid drinking tea, coffee or soda as they can further irritate the bladder.
- One should urinate frequently as that helps in flushing out the bacteria. If the urine is held back, then it increases the chances of bacteria proliferating inside the bladder. It is suggested to urinate after having sex, as it prevents the bacteria from getting pushed inside the urethra.
- In few cases the infection resolves itself and the symptoms might go away after a day or two. Drinking a lot of water as well as frequently urinating can also assist this process. A doctor may prescribe antibiotics if the infection is a serious one and the duration of the treatment will depend on the severity of the infection.
- Although antibiotics will work on removing the infection, there can pain caused by the infection in the pelvic region and for that, pain relievers will be required. The doctor should able to recommend a few pain relievers that can be bought at your local pharmacy. These pain relievers will provide instant relief from the pain.
- If the medicines don’t work it is recommended to use a heating pad to get the much needed relief from the pain that is caused by the infection.
- It is important to wear loose-fitting clothing as that prevents moisture from getting trapped in your body and prevents the growth of bacteria. It is advisable to wear free flowing cotton clothes for the body to be able to breathe.
- Studies have shown that cranberry juice really helps get rid of a bladder infection and cures UTIs in women, but has yet to be scientifically proven.
Bladder infections are not serious and can easily be treated with medication. Medical scientists are working on a vaccine against these infections but it is obvious that one can depend on the doctor’s advice and follow the above-mentioned steps.
URINARY TRACT INFECTIONTreatments
|UTI Clear||Urizol||Native Remedies UTI-Clear||Nutrition Depot Urinary Tract Support||Pure Encapsulations Cranberry NS|
|Price (1 bottle)
Price (6 bottles) Best Value
|Speed of Results||Extremely Fast||Good||Average||Slow||Slow|
|Quality of Ingredients||Premium||Good||Average||Average||Average|
|Customer Satisfaction Evaluation||99.40%||76.50%||74.20%||67.10%||60.5%|
|Safety Evaluation||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use|
|Customer Service Rating|
|Return Policy||Risk Free||Risk Free||Good||Unopened & Restocking Fee||30 Days + Fee|